Wednesday, September 11, 2013

How I Got Started

For the last few years, I've indulged my love of writing by sharing great products with everyone here, but this year I decided I wanted to do something more.  So with all of my free time in February, I decided to write a book.

At the beginning of March, I was finished!  My empty computer screen had turned into a humorous chapter book geared towards 6-10 year old Super Lovers (think Incredibles meets Sky High).  I enjoyed writing the book so much that the next day I wrote a picture book called Stinking Beauty, and started the 2nd book in my chapter book series.

But then came the much harder part, negotiating the world of agents and publishers.  I've never cared about getting published before now, but writing is addictive.  And as a writer you want others to fall in love with your work.  So I don't know how long it will take, or how many rejections I'll get, but it has become my new goal to get something published.

If there are any agents/publishers out there, looking for a dedicated children's author, that sees the humor in almost everything I would love to have you read my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment