June 6, 2015

Author Feature - Yvonne Ventresca

Author - Yvonne Ventresca - www.YvonneVentresca.com

Book - Pandemic

Genre - YA

Publisher -
Sky Pony Press

Road to Publishing -
  I've been writing seriously for about ten years. Although I had some success getting two nonfiction books published, writing a good novel was much harder. Pandemic was actually my fourth attempt at a novel. (I'm currently going back and revising number three.) It's been a long process, but a rewarding one.

Book Synopsis - Pandemic is a contemporary, realistic young adult novel about an emotionally traumatized teenager struggling to survive a bird flu pandemic.

In Pandemic, only a few people know what caused Lilianna Snyder's sudden change from a model student to a withdrawn pessimist who worries about all kinds of disasters. After her parents are called away on business, Lil’s town is hit by what soon becomes a widespread fatal illness. With her worst fears realized, Lil must find a way to survive not only the outbreak and its real-life consequences, but also her own personal demons.


More Info - I have a blog for writers at www.yvonneventresca.com/blog.html. You can also find me on Twitter (www.twitter.com/YvonneVentresca), Facebook (www.facebook.com/yvonne.ventresca.3), Goodreads (www.goodreads.com/author/show/317481.Yvonne_Ventresca) and Pinterest (www.pinterest.com/yvonneventresca).


Disclosure - The questions were answered by the spotlight person in conjunction with my new feature.  I have not read the books.  I received nothing for this post.



1 comment: